Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The tragedy hits close to home.

I was coming home from work about a half an hour ago from this writing. As I made the turn to enter my neighborhood I saw all these television trucks one street over from my house. As you can imagine I was concerned. There were several police cars as well. I arrived home grabbed my camera and walked back.

It turns out the third victim grew up around the corner from me. My lady friend, who lives next door, knew the young lady. Her daughters went to school with her. She no longer lived there but her family still does. They had made a statement to the press.
At this point I don't have much more to say except Arlene is quite upset having watch this woman grow up and play with her daughters. She married the son of a guy who grew up next to me. Her name was Crystal Campbel.
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Paul, I am so sorry for Ms Cambel's family and friends. My heart goes out to them. Prayers for them all.
    Please give Arlene a hug for me and she can hug you back for me.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers to you and to those families involved in this heinous crime. It is just something we will never get over. Truly sad time for Boston and our country. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you. In America, when one hurts we all hurts.
    I am Beth's sister and she is concerned about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just popped over from Beth's blog and I am so sorry for all who have been affected by this. It is so sad.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Paul. This makes it fresh each day. I am so so sorry for the families sorrow and this tragedy in their lives and the sorrow of the entire Country and our hearts are with all of the victims.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how terrrible to have it so close to home..............

    ReplyDelete