Monday, October 11, 2010

One more week...


Hello. It's been a while. I just had a week to forget, at least work wise. Apart from the 6 days I worked, I wasn't home very much and when I was I had company. I'm not complaining about the company. It's good that I still have friends that want to visit me. Two of the friendships go back over 40 years. The strange but true thing for me is that I can now refer back to things 40, no make that 50 years ago. A half a frickin' century! I remember hearing my parents and people of their generation making these references back when I was a kid.
"I haven't talked to him in 25 years."
You hear that when your 10 or 12 and it's a concept that you can't grasp. They are referring back more than twice the time of your whole existence. It's a foreign concept. But here I am talking like they did back then.
This whole ramble I just went on is nothing more than my way of dealing with aging. Most of the time I don't think about it. I wasn't thinking about it when I started this entry. It started when I wrote about knowing people for over 40 years. This blog is not about aging or work. In fact I don't know what it is supposed to be about. I just had some time so I thought I'd check in with you. I had no clue as to what I would write about and I don't know how it will end. I will visit after I post this entry. Oh and thanks to the people that gave me suggestions as to where I can post photo albums. I haven't decided yet. 


Yup. 3 more pictures of you know where. I have finally gone through all the pictures. I do have them all saved and separated basically by locale. Along with all the pictures I have a good amount of clips that I have assembled into  15 minute plus extravaganza that I put on a DVD for myself and a couple of friends. It's too long to post. I will probably squeeze a couple more short movies from from the lot of clips. 
On a lighter note, well I'm not sure if it's more humorous or ironic. A bit of both I suppose. I was sitting in the lunchroom at work and somebody had left a newspaper from the neighboring city. As I killed time turning the pages I came to the police blotter. There is a school for the blind in the area though I won't mention the name. The headline read something like this.
"Man Arrested For Indecent Exposure At XYZ School For The Blind". Yes I know there is nothing funny about being blind or being a flasher and yet, despite knowing no details of the incident, that headline made me chuckle. Maybe you just had to be there.

Alright I now know where this blog will end. Right here.
I'm outta here.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, if we couldn't find something to smile about in life, where would we be?
    I love your pictures so decide soon where you are going to put them
    As for growing old, been there, done that and still here, ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you choose Flickr as many MANY folks will see them once they know you're there. Those were terrific captures and I enjoyed them very much.

    Yeah, it's really something once you start thinking about it how your perceptions of time change, the older you get. You stated it extremely well too. I like the example you gave. I might as well say " me too!" there.

    My sons aren't old enough yet to get that concept that they will finally "get" as they reach our age. :-)

    (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, I am using live writer to post on Blog Spot and my two wordpress blogs. I downloaded the new version and I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've "been told" that one of the first signs of "old timers" is when folks start talking about one thing, then for no reason, start talking about something else entirely, before abruptly changing back to their original thoughts!
    Great pics....keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Paul, old bean, I don't think you have too much to worry about as far is aging is concerned. Look how many of us still hang around to pester--I mean, visit--you. We love you for your dry wit, profound wisdom, and good humor...jeez---what's not to love about'cha?

    Love the photos, by the way, and hope you'll figure out where you want to archive them soon.
    You've posted just enough to get us really curious about the rest of them. Get going on that soon, k?

    ...and about that aging thing..?

    Sorry. My mind wandered.

    8 )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, I LOVE that seagull exchange up there.

    Oh, btw, no more squirrel problems. I'll have to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Love the seagulls. I couldnt even read Im just rolling laughing so hard. Trust you and thanks for the laugh. You really are the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny Paul. I love the man flashing the blind. Too much .. or I m sick.
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im off to Cosco with my daughter.. If you hear of a woman on a rampage in a Cosco because of line ups and people , arrested and put in jail.. Please get the blog family together and get me out. ..:)

    ReplyDelete