Friday, October 5, 2018

I got nuthin'

As I write this I am watching the Patriots game. More than likely I will not finish this tonight. It's big time sports around here as the Red Sox are awaiting a playoff series with the New York Yankees. That's always a big deal. Still as much as I enjoy sports it's only sports, like a movie or television show. I know other cities hate our local sports teams because the local teams have won 10 championships since 2002. Still it's only sports.

In other local news it seems that Dunkin' Donuts will be changing their name to jess plain Dunkin'. Now they are all over the place around here. Their coffee is alright but the donuts stink. Nothing but air, no substance. If I'm craving a donut, and it's been known to happen, I will go to a local ma and pa shop. The coffee is just as good and the donuts are superior. Then again they're only donuts. And calling yourself Dunkin' implies that you have something to dunk. You do! Donuts! They will spend all their time pushing all their various beverages. In the grand scheme of things it's really unimportant.

It's now the next morning and I feel like ranting about something but I don't think I will as I haven't had any coffee yet. It's another nice day. The leaves haven't really started to turn yet. I suppose it's because of all the rain we've had.

Alrighty then I've now had my coffee and I've thought of something to rant about. If I had a gun, and I don't, I'd shoot my phone. My landline. It just rings all day. My cell phone doesn't ring very often because it's only for my use and only family and Arlene have the number. I think all the fancy cell phones are fantastic items, however all I see are people walking down the street with their heads down, transfixed by their phones. Even worse are the people who are occupied by their phones while driving. Stopped at a light and waiting for the person in front of you to realize that they are behind the wheel of a car. Though I do get a bit of satisfaction when everyone in line behind them lean on their horns when the light changes!

I changed my header picture. I had a folder on my computer that had various pictures from the Vineyard. That's what we trendy people call it. Anyway I looked at them again and wished I was there. Arlene and I have so many wonderful memories particularly of the night that I took that picture. Actually that was 3 pictures stitched together. The temperature was quite comfortable and the food was wonderful! We couldn't make it back this Fall but we hope to visit again late in the Spring.

Anyway, I'm out of gas. I'm done and I'm outta here.







2 comments:

  1. We have a Dunkin' here but it is too expensive for the locals. Mostly the customers are the out of towners and the natural gas line workers. As for the phone, the land line is never picked up. If our family or friends call, they all know to just leave a message and we'll call them back. The "do not call" service is a joke now. We each have trac phones which are not used except when we are away from the cabin. They they are turned on when traveling so we can stay safe. Not bad for under $100. a year service each. And in reply to your comment about me having an advanced photo program, I don't. I use the Photo ones on my 2013 Mac notebook and I use many different FREE applications that I have found on the internet without for paying for any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy..gee I am so late getting here. I still have a land line too. One day when all the blinking satellites are blown out of space...some one may need my phone. LOL I freaking hate for people to talk on their cells or text while driving. I want a big bumper sticker that says, my secretary takes all my calls. Or one that says hang up and drive Be-och ,you know. When a lady almost hit me while coming out of her drive on the phone...I thought...who is so important they have to be on the phone when leaving their house. She should have just stayed home for crying out loud...Ha, you got me started. I think I need a vacation . LOL I sure hope you and Arlene get to return the Vineyard. I know it's your special fun place. A total escape. Just go and enjoy. Blessings to you dear friend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete