Thursday, October 18, 2018

We looked back

Arlene and I were sitting around thinking about how much we missed the few days on the island. We always went before or after the tourist season. This passed year we went at the end of June very close to the 4th of July, and there were many more people. It just made us realize how quiet it was during the times we've gone. We looked at some pictures and watched a few video. Below was a video from Sept. 2013. Arlene was content to sit and read and I wandered around the exterior of the hotel and down a couple of side streets. It was a beautiful day and oh so quiet. It's no academy award winner.   



Here are a few of our favorite shots.

Sunrise at the end of Pequot Ave.

Sunset

Llama or alpaca, maybe it was edpaca. They were soft, gentle and really goofy looking.  



The Pequot Hotel in the evening.


I guess this was sort of a cheap excuse of a post but I just felt compelled to write something. As Arlene and I talked about things we remember we both had wistful smiles. The picture just above was one of those lovely evenings. A wonderful meal as we watched the sun go down over Oak Bluffs Harbor. 

In reality we are both very lucky to have this little gem of a place only two or three hours away. We'll give it another go next spring.

As I write this the Red Sox are on the verge of going to another World Series. They have been a lot of fun this year. Go Sox!
I'm outta here.  

6 comments:

  1. Howdy..loved your post! I found myself having to blog after two months! Time flies by and not many are blogging or visiting any more. Photos are great! Soon the winter will hit and not much traveling around. Hope your Red Sox win!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to reminisce and your photos can help you to do it too! Some of them are REALLY beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Boy, I can't believe it..The Red Sox and those other(not Brooklyn) Dodgers. LOL...Too funny. I think I remember when you posted of that nice evening with the drinks in the shot. Those are beautiful memories. I know you and Arlene love that vacation spot and with it so close...just keep on going. I saw a saying once, it read, Look to the little things in life, for one day they may be the big things. Here's an example of that theory in my memory...I bought my (now 23 yr.old )grandson a plastic toy harmonica when he was 7, we went to the cemetery to visit the father of my daughter's grave. Brock said , "how about I play some music for grandpa?" I will never forget him playing that toy harmonica for his grandpa that he hardly knew. Arlene reading while relaxing and you walking around a place you love..sweet memories. Blessings to you dear friend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings.....
    Love the header photo and all the other photos you've shared.
    nice llama.

    have a grand week.
    Stay blessed.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pleased about the winner of the Series...I thought of you believe it or not. Knowing how pleased you'd be.

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Hello Blog Admin and anyone reading this , I was diagnosed of herpes and Hiv at the age of 24, and it runs my life until I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center- thankfully after drinking Dr itua herbal medicines for two weeks I'm completely cured which really helped me now I've had no limit how much I do massively. I had two jobs, one full time and one part time, have my horse to care for and would also help friends with their horses. Have since had to accept that I only have one job (to take care of my health) and still care for my horse with help... Dr Itua also cures all sorts of chronic illness and diseases like Herpes,Hiv/Aids,Cancer,Kidney Disease,Liver Diseases,Hepatitis,Lupus,HPV,Diabetes,COPD, And other health conditions anyone may have in their body. Dr Itua uses his herbal medicineTo cure those diseases.
    Visit his herbal website www.drituaherbalcenter.com/shop or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com This is an illness I wouldn't wish on my enemy

    ReplyDelete