Sunday, October 14, 2018

"Fact - 5 out of 4 people have trouble understanding mathehatics." according to a M.I.T. study..


Disclaimer-Most of what is written below was done about a month ago.

Ok it has been a while since I've been here. It has been a very warm sometimes hot and humid summer. I suppose the best news of the summer so far is that one of Arlene's daughters got engaged. Her husband to be is a school teacher/magician. The couple flew out to California to visit some of Allison's relatives who were originally from around here. Then they flew to Las Vegas for a bit of what you do in Vegas plus they went to a magic show in one of the hotels. The magician performing there was a friend of Jim's. Long story short, while the magician was performing, he called Jim up on stage along with Alison, to help with a trick. Before you know it Jim drops to one knee a proposes to Allison.
 
In other news there have been a few shark sightings along the Massachusetts coast. Now I haven't taken a dip in the ocean in a few years ago when I did it on the Vineyard. I suppose that sounds really pompous but that's the truth and I only did it so I could say I went swimming on the island. However there have been several shark sightings and they all seemed to have been featured on the news. You don't screw around with sharks!  



Let's see what else is happening. So as I said it has been hot and humid around here not to mention some of the rainstorms we've had. As I write this particular sentence it is Aug. 14, at around 11pm. We had very heavy rainstorm this afternoon but aside from a couple of local problems it's been minor compared to what I saw concerning Pennsylvania. Some locales down there had it rough. 

It's been a year and eight months since I have been completely retired. I can see me entering my "You kids get off my lawn!" stage of life. Arlene has had some health issues but she is doing much better. My brother in law however has not been so lucky. He fell and hit his head and has been in a facility and it looks like he won't be going home anytime soon.

So now it's Sunday Oct. 14. Arlene and I are getting ready, well I'm ready anyway, to go out for an early supper at Raso's. Were going a bit early because of the sporting events that are happening this evening. Both the Red Sox and the Patriots are on national television tonight and I'm sure by 8 this evening the restaurant and bar will be packed. So now I will end this disjointed mess.
I'm outta here.


         












2 comments:

  1. You rate 10 out of 9 of my favorite bloggers! I didn't know you had a lawn...AND actually swam with the sharks. Guess what? It's raining again here! Come help rake wet leaves, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, That sounds like a wonderful proposal. I would have loved to have seen that.. I am so glad Arlene is doing better. So sorry to read this about your BIL. Sad...we never know what life will hand us. Oh yes, I never go swimming any more..I have never gone swimming in the ocean. I have in the gulf. But I don't want to be any fish food, ever. I will tell you a secret...I love math, I have to work at it, but I love it. Stay safe my friend, Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete