Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It is exciting!

Around here things are exciting. I mean there's the World Series and the area is abuzz with excitement. Now I won't be going to the game but I'm sure almost any television set in the area will be watching the game. About 10 years Arlene and I took a tour of Fenway Park. Here are 4 pictures that I took back then.
 




The company that I worked for had a store quite close to the park and it was quite chaotic when there was a game but it was fun and exciting. Oddly enough it was much easier going home on the day of a game because everybody was heading into the city not out of it. Still if the game ended around the end of your shift you weren't going anywhere for a while. This was back in the 80's. The Sox had good teams but they hadn't won the big one until the 2000's. These two teams set up the east coast, west coast scenario. Just another way of selling the whole deal.  Still it's only sports and I don't take it all that serious. 
 
If I had a machine gun I would shoot my phone. It has been ringing the whole day. All the calls have not been for me, they have been for my vote or my money. The phone, at least for me, has gone from a tremendous convenience to a major annoyance. Some days are worse than others
Alright that's enough whining, I'm outta her.
Go Sox!   

3 comments:

  1. When our phone rings (it's a landline) we have stopped answering it or just pick it up and say nothing and our lack of voice causes the taped message not to start. All relatives and friends know to leave a message and we call them back mostly right away. It is a P.I.A. for sure! Cell phones are only carried with us when in the car - just to be able to call emergency services if needed. Never used except for power outages to call electric company. EVERYBODY is complaining about the phone situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, Hooray for your team. Do you remember that sound of the bat hitting the ball? That is one thing about baseball that I love. You can get those red tshirts out now. Love it, don't you? Oh no I have no idea of the traffic and chaos getting around after a big game. LOL I do not even want to answer my landline...robo calls . Even my cell, I will not answer if that number doesn't show up with a name. So bothersome too. Blessings to you and your family and friends, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine didn't ring as much as I expected but the house phone sure did. I didn't answer. I never do unless I know the number. And I get a lot of calls with my area code and one digit off my own number///the crappy spammers newer way to get you to answer...it looks like someone right near ya. Sorry, spammers, wrong number.

    ReplyDelete