Friday, March 2, 2018

Rain, wind, nasty weather...Hey I have a beer!

As I begin to write this the wind is gusting to roughly 50 mph and it's raining steady and heavy. On the one hand I had no plans for today as I have had a busy week, well busy for someone who is still adjusting to retired life. Arlene is still recovering from the flu. I'm not sure which doctor to believe. I have been with her for most of her doctor visits. A couple of tests. Long story short. She finally saw the nurse at her primary doctors office this morning. She's the person who knows Arlene the longest and the best. She was surprised that the other medical people let things get to this point. So anyway she has another appointment Monday morning. I think the toughest thing for Arlene has been staying a good frame of mind.

So yes indeed I do have a beer and I am enjoying it as I try to compose this blog entry. Sometimes I have an idea for a blog other times I more or less make it up as I go along over the course of a few days then read it and realize it made no sense. I have some more pictures odds and ends.

The four below are from you know where. We've gone there fourteen times since 2010 and I have accumulated many many, did I say many? Many pictures from there.





Below are two local fall shots from 2007 or 08



By the Mystic river about ten years ago.
 
 
 
 





Below New Hampshire ten or eleven years ago.









Alright, the wind is still a howlin' and the rain is still a fallin'. From what I see on television there's quite a bit of flooding around the Boston area.  This is suppose to go on through tomorrow. I suppose the worst  could be coming yet.
I sure wish I had another beer.
I mean the liquor store is quite near.
It wouldn't take too long from here.
Uhhh...E-I-E-I Oh.
I'm outta here.

4 comments:

  1. Come on over! We ALWAYS have lots of beer and other stuff. Your picures are always good to see. You have a lot of eye talent there. I really enjoy them. Sure hope Arlene picks up and is much better soon! Lost internet this morning but back on this afternoon. Took snow pictures from inside and will post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, I love summer photos....but your autumn pictures are amazing. Such beautiful colors. I love it. I sure hope things calm down there on the east coast. You are all in my prayers. Hopefully Arlene will get the medical help she needs. She needs to get well...spring is coming very soon. Indiana just passed Sunday liquor sales....for the people who can not buy enough on Saturday to last the weekend. LOL. Crazy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings.....
    At least you were warm and safely tucked in.
    love the photos.

    ReplyDelete