Friday, February 23, 2018

A blog in progress

Tuesday was a beautiful day. The temperature flirted with 70 degrees. It was sunny and I saw a harbinger of the coming season. The first fly of spring. The first really pleasant day of the year and this little winged delight makes an appearance not that  that was highlight of my day. Wednesday was just as nice, Thursday the temperature has dropped and we are supposed get a bit of snow this evening. Fast forward to the evening. It did indeed snow but nothing much to speak.

Ok it is now late Friday afternoon. This blog has been disjointed. Between my brother in law and Arlene's health issues it has been a busy time for Arlene's family and mine. My brother in law is about as good as he's going to get but you never know. He's in a facility. Arlene has had a tough time dealing with the flu as she was not fully recovered from surgery that she had a year before. I don't understand how her primary care physician didn't notice that Arlene looked puffy last week. I did, though I'm not making any claims to any medical knowledge. She looked puffy to me that's all. Also that doctor took chest x-rays. Wouldn't that at least tell you something?

So on Wednesday evening and I receive a call from Arlene at about 8:30. It was short and sweet and to the point.
"Paul I'm having Danny (her brother) drive me to the emergency room. I'm having trouble breathing. I'll call you later and let you know what's going on."
Long story not so long. Arlene went to the still operating emergency room of the recently closed local hospital. From there it was decided to admit her in a hospital of a neighboring city. She calls me about 10:30 telling me that at first they were going to admit her. The doctor at the hospital told Arlene that she was carrying around about 30 lbs. of fluid. He told her to see her cardiologist then sent her home. She did on Thursday and he was not thrilled with the performance of some of the other medical people. 

Ok now it's close to 5pm on Friday. I saw Arlene this afternoon. She's doing better. She's in a better frame of mind. She hopes that she'll be well enough to take our late spring trip to you know where. I don't have anything else.
I'm outta here.
  
        

3 comments:

  1. Boston Boy, You tell Arlene she just has to get well !!! That is scary how we are treated by the medical professionals...what the hell happened to real doctors who cared? I can't begin to tell you how much I miss my old family doctor from when my children were small. Please take care of yourself and Arlene. So sorry to read this about your BIL...prayers for your family. WE are in for a couple more days of rain, well tonight and tomorrow. Come Sunday the sun is suppose to shine. I sure hope it does. These gray days have me in a funk. Too depressing. Blessings to you friend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor everyone for having part in Arlene's scary episode. Sounds to me like she isn't getting the best care and needed prednisone or something of that sort way sooner. So glad she is today, feeling perkier. Sickness can really get a person and all others in her/his life - down. This time of year is depressing enough without health issues, as we all know. Sending love your way for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she is back to the cardiologist for an echocardiogram. Painless, takes a half hour with a magnetic problem run over you by a tech. Dr sees the heart and everything in there very well. At least it's not left ventricular hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Thank goodness for that. But I am doing extraordinarily well after that surgery. She sounds like she has the same thing as my ex husband. They got him fixed up...no surgery.

    ReplyDelete