Thursday, February 8, 2018

Breaking News!!!

BREAKING NEWS!!! I dropped a plate on the floor! It broke. 
I don't know how it is where you live but here on local television news they have beaten that phrase to death. It seems almost every news story is breaking news. That's all I got on the breaking news rant, well it was a little short, let's call it a rantette. Wait! BREAKING NEWS!!!This just handed me! Arlene continues to improve though her doctor told her it could still take another six or seven weeks before she's finally done with the flu. It's mostly a cough now and regaining more energy.

So apart from what's going on with Arlene there's my brother in law, who will, in reality won't be going home. My sister has much going in her life and I admire how she has held it together. I've been the lucky one. Aside from adjusting to life of being completely retired I've personally had no major problems to deal with. I've got nothing to complain about.

I have spent a good deal of my internet time on YouTube checking out anything I could think of from clips of Johnny Carson, sporting events, news events and music, particularly the music that I grew up with. I was there for the Beatles. I think the reason their music has such enduring popularity is their ability to come up with beautiful melodies. I came across many different interpretations of their songs including a full symphony or one or two people. Below is a video of a instrumental version of a song from their first movie, A Hard Days Night, performed on guitar and cello called If I Fell. No vocals just a beautiful piece of music. At times you will hear another cello playing harmony lines and a second guitar. They were overdubbed.      



BREAKING NEWS!!! That about wraps it up for now.
I'm outta here.

3 comments:

  1. Breaking News! You made me laugh! Breaking News! You made me wonder why you haven't caught the flu from Arlene. Breaking News! I need to do laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy. So sorry to hear about how much longer Arlene will be suffering..dang. Stay well yourself. I love most of the Beatles stuff. Yesterday I was listening to Springstein my all time favorite ..then This morning I saw the cast of Carol King's play. Gee let's face it..our generation truly had the best music. Sorry about all that rappidy rap crap the kids have today. LOL. Blessings, stay safe and warm. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if you read my grandma Wood blog. Thought you might like that one.

    ReplyDelete