Thursday, February 1, 2018

I'm still here.

This will be a quickie. I started one blog entry since my last but never finished. Arlene had her surgery about a year ago and it's taking her quite a while to fully recover and she's not quite there yet. To add to all this she caught the flu and she's not quite recovered from that as well. She has had it for almost a month. So this has been a tough time for her and by extension for me though I am not sick. I really haven't had the desire to blog or even pay attention to blogger I am not giving up blogging. I've been doing it for  about ten years and I do like it! Then again I could write and publish one tomorrow.
Today, Thursday, I accompanied her to her primary care physician. She is improving but she was told that her body is trying to recover from the surgery and fight the flu all at the same time and she's not a kid and neither am I though I'm probably more childish. Her cough has lessened but a continuous cough can really reek havoc with the muscles around your chest and stomach. They can get quite sore and that makes coughing all the more painful. Still she is better than she was.

I want to thank everyone who does visit here. Blogging is part of me and I will be back.
I'm outta here.      

3 comments:

  1. Boston Boy, Take care and stay healthy. So thankful that Arlene has you close at hand to help her. We are still well here, fingers crosses. Give Arleen a pillow to hold close to her tummy and chest when coughing, it helps. I bet you both will be watching the super bowl this weekend. Football last tooooo long for me watch on TV. LOL. I will be thinking of you both. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she is getting better.. I do agree that life goes on and we get busy and things just get prioritized. Hope you and she stay well in the future.. this flu season has been so hard and scary for us all.See you when we see you... Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....you just do what you can and she's fortunate to have you help as you are able. Flu scares us. We're being fanatical about crowds and hand washing. The pillow suggestion from Susie is a very good one. Have Arlene try it, OK? I await your return here and her return to good health.

    ReplyDelete