Sunday, February 18, 2018

Some left over pictures and let's see, where was I?

I've been cleaning out my prehistoric laptop which has served me well over the last ten plus years. Odds and ends have accumulated over the years and periodically I have to either save or delete things. Here are pictures, odds and ends that have collected over the years for various reasons. Most have been seen before over the years from back on my days on Spaces to here on Blogger. I've assembled them in a small video.





Oh, there I was! I am really in the stone age when it comes to new devices and phones. I will admit that I was late getting a cell phone. I've had one for about eleven years. And yes it's a flip phone. A pay as you go deal. Only family and a couple of close friends have my number. I couldn't care less that I can't play games. I can text and that's fine with me. That's come in handy. I don't need CVS,  my dentist, doctor or any sales call following me around particularly when I'm driving. Now I have nothing against all these high zoot phones. Actually I think they are amazing. They used to make fun of Star Trek and their communicators but here we are. I can't see basing your entire life on a hand held device. If that is your sole communication device and you pay your bills with it and save all the pictures you've taken with it, music, if you put your phone down and forget where it is or lose it, well you've put all your eggs in one basket. Some people are so transfixed with these devices they walk into traffic, poles, fountains, doors, glass and so on. There are many videos on you tube, some quite funny and some tragic. Even Arlene has a more sophisticated phone than I do. This is mostly due to her daughter who is highly educated and teaches web design at the high school. She's a graduate of Tufts University and later attended several classes at Harvard. That young lady lives in a universe far different than mine. She's also a very nice young woman and Arlene is quite proud of her.

Arlene's niece has a seven year old son who has his own smart phone. It's infinitely more sophisticated than my prehistoric  fliperino. I suppose all I have to say is you have to be smart about your smartphone. I probably heard or read something like that in some safety ad campaign.

Alright it's time for me to mosey out to the kitchen and rustle up some grub.
I'm outta here.
  

3 comments:

  1. We totally agree with you on the phone issue. We take our trac phone with us when we go anywhere in the car so it will be handy to call AAA if we have a breakdown. Even though we have a stand by generator, we can call the power company with the tracfone to tell them our land line is out! Never in the whole world would we pay bills via a phone. Don't want one, don't need one. Costs under $100 a whole year for service too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me..tracfone...went from flip to smart...ehhh don't care for it. So much for progress. I only use mine for calls and texts too,so you are not alone in your choice! Take care this flu season is miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, I have a wonderful cell phone...I dragged my feet into the 21st century. Did not want all that techy stuff...now I am paying. My sister is so wrapped up in her phone...she does everything on it. Not me boy, I am old school. I am not paying my bills or checking my bank accts., or telling every Tom, Dick and Harry what I had for breakfast. It's gone beyond the beyond how much people rely on their phones. The only reason I broke down and got a cell phone...grandkids. I took my granddaughters home one day(35 miles) the next day my car's brakes locked up...oh if that had happened with the girls....what would I do. I always told my family all I needed was a flare gun....because I did not want a phone. My Ted lost his phone and bought a new one and ATT threw in another phone for free if I would change my number...so that is how I have this nice phone that takes as good if not better photos than my camera. But it's a smarter phone than I'll ever need...as I said I don't do fancy schmacy things on it. My kids, grandkids all know how to do many things on the phone. Great granddaughter, Layla(3 yrs. old) can play music and games. Unreal. !! I am a dinosaur. LOL. It would have been so different if we had been raised in the computer age....but we had the best music, so there all you snot nosed Tommies....take that. LOL. Blessings, stay healthy, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete