Thursday, January 18, 2018

Arlene on the mend and just a quick clip

Arlene thought she had the flu. Well maybe she did, but several days ago I got a call at about 7:30 a.m. It was Arlene asking me to take her to the emergency room. Well it really wasn't the emergency room it's called Prompt Care. Anyway she had been coughing for almost two weeks. Well long story made longer by me saying long story what she had was an upper respiratory infection. Now whether that was a result of the flu or an infection that landed in the lungs I'm not sure but she has been sick. She works with children and they can be little disease bags. Anyway she had an x-ray and a couple of prescriptions and she's doing much better. The doctor told not to wait two weeks if you have been coughing for two weeks. This has taken up some of my time when it comes to tending to my cyber duties but I think I'm back.

I was going through my computer organizing  some photos and deleting things. My computer is old. It's gasoline powered. You start it like you start a lawn mower. Ok I made that up, but it is slow. I tried to update my portable gps. I don't have one standard in my car as it's ten years old. So as I plugged it into my computer what was supposed to take "a few minutes" to download an app was taking forty five minutes and it never completely downloaded so I gave up. This has nothing to do with what I was going to write but I can be easily distracted. Oh there's a plane flying overhead...sorry. And now the chilling conclusion to our story. I found one picture of a sunset taken on a certain island off the Massachusetts coast this passed October. I looked at it and thought that I must of really enhanced the hell out of this photo. Well there was also a video clip from our last trip and I've already posted the video of that night as we went to dinner watching the sun go down over the little harbor. Well when I looked at the clip the sunset was just as bright and colorful as the still picture I took. Below is the first 29 seconds of that video as we drove to the restaurant.         



So this will be a quicky. Tomorrow I will take Arlene on a few errands as she is not fully recovered but she is doing much better. She expressed an interest in going out for a nice Italian meal and I will never say no to that. Perhaps I'll get one of my favorite dishes, Spaghetti Lemoncello, that's artichoke hearts, roasted peppers in a lemon wine sauce with either chicken or shrimp. I can tell you it is quite delicious.
Ok that's it for now.
I'm outta here.

4 comments:

  1. Arlene must be tough. Good that you can help her. At the first sign of possible flu, I'd hot-tail it off to the doc. Flu scares me and I'm a nag about washing hands. Your meal sounds to be something I'd like and I have never even heard of it. I love artichoke hearts on a salad with chickpeas. Never had a GPS, don't want one either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been such a bad year for Flu.. hope neither of you get it. I am trying my hardest to NOT GET anything this year. Glad she is on the mend. Oh my sounds like you need to get a tablet or laptop upgrade.. the new stuff is mind blowing.. I got used to it after a week.. it's not as bad as I thought. Hope your weather holds and you get NO MORE BLIZZARDS! Take care and stay well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Boy, So glad Arlene called you...she shouldn't wait that long with all this scary flu going around. My daughter texted me last night that she has it. Her hubby took her to the dr. this morning...she's a nurse, that is how she got it, I am sure. Always around sick people and you are right about the ,ids carrying germs and spreading them. LOL. I have never heard of that Italian dish you mentioned. I would love to eat just table spoons of dishes I have never tried before. LOL. Some good spices will help Arlene's cold. Take care and stay well. We have about 2 and half more months to worry about this flu. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston boy glad to hear Arlene is getting better, so good she called you. It has been a bad time here in the UK with this flu.
    Hope you enjoyed your lovely meal, love Artichokes.

    ReplyDelete