Monday, January 8, 2018

Snowstorm 1,04,2018

Ya know snow is one thing. It snows in New England. If you live here you have to accept it. To me the worst part of the weather over the last week could of easily have been the snow but we've had worse snowfall amounts in the past. Still 12 to 14 inches is nothing to sneeze at though I don't know how or why that would be relevant. The worst of it was the cold weather and the near hurricane force winds.


Anyway long story short, it snowed, it was cold but it's all over. The next day I went out took a little drive around the city. The main roads were clear. Once again all the plow people did a good job. I screwed up the video a bit but who cares. You'll get the idea.



Arlene is under the weather with the flu, though she does feel a bit better as of this writing. Ok it's over and done. It was a nasty storm and more than likely we will get a few more before the winter is over. Still everyone came through it and we all survived. So now it's close to supper. I think I'll make a pasta dish. I have some chicken, broccoli, garlic, some chopped up pancetta and lemon juice. Let's see what happens.

I'm outta here.





4 comments:

  1. It's this kind of weather that makes us really look forward to spring. Hopefully, Arlene will get through her flu quickly and smoothly. Just the thought of it scares me. When I reminded the Mister to wash his hands after coming back from town store, he was aggravated and told me not to tell him what to do! This weather is not conducive to sweet talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, You are a great driver getting out in that stuff. I say kudos to the street and highway depts. They did a wonderful job. Just a couple of the streets looked iffy. But those big piles of snow that can block one's views makes my tummy hurt. LOL So sorry Arlene isn't well. Hope she got some meds. Take care of yourself that flu can be dangerous. I think you people of the northeast are hardy stock...that much snow time after time and I would be using my snow shovel to dig a path out of there. Stay warm my friend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings and happy new year.
    its has been cold here. my balcony is full with snow and up until yesterday my windows and screen doors were frozen. Sunday night was minus 21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the drive through the Snow. they have done a great job.
    Hope Arlene is feeling better now.
    Stay warm
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete