Thursday, March 15, 2018

A title? Snow. Heavy, wet snow.Why do I have to shovel?

Oh yeah! Because I have to. To tell the truth despite me hating every minute of shoveling out my car, the sidewalk, the front walk and most of the driveway, I could not live in a warm weather climate. The only exception would be around San Francisco. Their weather is more even keeled. It's much colder here in the winter and much hotter here in the summer. The city is about the same size of Boston and I just like it. Still this is my home and though Massachusetts is the butt of many jokes it's actually a very nice place to live.


Western Massachusetts.


 
Yup western Mass. is nothing like where I live. I had only been through the western part of the state several times, once on a family trip to Toronto and another time to go to a concert at Madison Square Garden back in 2005 and of course the times Arlene and I went out for the day just because it was there. It's just another world. Quite rural, quite lovely especially during the fall.

I took a ride around and the roads were in good shape at least as far as snow removal is concerned. Massachusetts is highly respected in many areas but the conditions of the roads is not one of them. In fact it's among the worst. The winter in particular does the most damage. Water enters cracks in the pavement, it freezes and expands the crack and so on. I believe a particularly deep pot hole (I've never actually found any pot in those holes but I have once again digressed), anyway I hit particularly deep one and within a day I had to have a the front axel and drive shaft replaced. As much as I hated spending all that money I really can't complain about my car. It's ten years old and runs like a top.

BULLETIN BULLETIN BULLETIN!!! It is now almost two weeks since I started the entry and as I write right now (3/13/2018) it's snowing. 

Ok this is becoming a diary. It is now 3/15/2018. I have to say anybody involved with snow removal did a great job. I'm not sure how much snow we received around here locally, about 18 inches. Here are three pictures from around the house taken on the 14th.


  
Just a very quick video.

     Today I went to finish this blog entry and realized that I had published it already. I guess I'm a little punchy. The 14th was a long tedious day. I first shoveled at about 10 a.m. and really didn't finish up until 8 p.m. when a plow driver arrived. You had to go out every few hours just to say ahead of it. Ya know I hear there's the potential for another storm next week. Just two or so weeks ago there were two days in a row when it hit 70 degrees. As they say, "If you don't like the weather wait a minute."

Alrighty then it's time to put this Frankenstein blog to bed and start fresh in a day or two.
I'm outta here.  


3 comments:

  1. Boston Boy, You live in a beautiful neighborhood. That is a ton of snow. More than we got all winter here . Your roads are good cleared. Here's an example of the pot holes here...I heard this from the radio announcer years ago. He came upon a Stetson hat in the road. Thought it looks good and got out to pick it up. It was on a man's head. He asked the man, "Do you need help?" The man said, "No I'm on my horse." LOL I think driving is chancy at times and after dark...it could be dangerous. Hope you and Arlene are planning a fun time out once the weather gets nicer. Sunshine here today. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you live in a gated community! Where are your icicles? I'll take Western Massatwoshits any day. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Boston boy I loved the few pictures so beautiful. We have a mini Beast from the East at present. Two inches of Snow , no where yet. LIKE YOUR high level of Snow. Apart from that you do live in a lovely place. Hope Arlene feeling well and looking forward to Spring. Best Wishes
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete