Monday, March 5, 2018

March

So on Tuesday I accompanied Arlene to her heart doctor. He is pleased with her progress. She has lost 15-20 pounds of fluid and she has about the same amounts to go. She is certainly in a better frame of mind. It would break my heart t hear her say, "I just want to feel better."
At least she is feeling better. After the medical visit we had some lunch at a little place not very far from where we live. It's a family run restaurant. They are from Nepal. They feature breakfast all day. Italian food, sandwiches, sea food dishes, including an omelet with fresh tuna. I'm not inclined to try that though I have had grilled tuna steak and it was quite good by I digress. There seemed to be no hint of food from Nepal. Not that I have any idea what that would be like. But they are very nice people and I hope they succeed. It's really what makes America great.

Lets see apart from much rain and wind there wasn't much damage around here. The same can't be said along the northeast coast. A couple of cities over from here, Watertown, we had this scene. The next two pictures aren't mine. I got them from the web.

  Below is a shot from Scituate Ma. south of Boston. 


I guess you have to accept the possibility that you could lose your home when you live on the coast.


Old Ship Street.This is a couple streets over from mine. Back in the late 1700's through the 1800's ship building was prominent around here. This street led to the river.

This is from someplace in Maine.

A shot from Boston.


The Zakim Bridge..


The U.S.S. Constitution.


Fenway Park.







 
This is a park that I remember my mother bringing me to when I was quite young. Royall Park named after the man, Isaac Royall, and family who lived in the blue house behind the park in the 1700's. The blue building to left of the house are the slave quarters. 

 
 
 
 
Well I'm running out of gas. I guess I'll close it out by saying.
I'm outta here.

6 comments:

  1. SO glad Arlene is on the road to recovery. Lunch out sounds like a wonderful thing to do! By the way, to manipulate with a free app to get sculptured snow picture that you asked me about go to https://www194.lunapic.com/editor/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, So thankful Arlene is better. She needs to dream of vacation to will herself well. :):) Hug her for all of us. Nice you could go for a lunch out. You are a wonderful true friend . I loved all the photos but the storm scenes. Scary !! I am praying for all of you, as the weather report looks bad again. Stay safe. I have been on the U.S.S. Constitution. I ran my hands along the old oak planks. What a treasure. I love that ship and it's history. Thanks for all these pictures. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. you better get some bread and milk.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings....
    Lovely day to you as you read this.
    I am glad Arlene is feeling better, being sick sucks to high heaven.

    great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to hear that Arlene is doing better That is really good news, Those photos are amazing, simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear Arlene is feeling better.
    Thank you for your lovely pictures , that is a beautiful street . The Old Ship Street.
    Take and wishing you both well.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete


  6. wow really such a nice site,am very happy for using of this site,thank you so much sharing of this type of information.


    Satta is a unique game to place your bets and win only when you have found the right medium or connection.satta king You will have to find an authentic mediator to play Satta
    Sattakingand place bets. How can you find out the authentic results? This is where Satta King Satta king
    comes into the picture. It is an online portal that has been designed to cater to Satta results
    from different zones.

    ReplyDelete