Monday, March 6, 2017

Old favorite restaurant, old favorite place

The video below doesn't mean anything to anyone but me. Back in the 80's a friend of ours moved from here to Marblehead Ma. It's about a 28 mile drive from here. Going to visit her introduced us to a restaurant which we all instantly fell in love with. Over the years I went with friends, took dates to Rosalie's. It was always packed. Rosalie and her husband learned to recognize us as the contingent from just north of Boston just because we went so often. It was northern Italian cooking and to describe it in one word, OUTSTANDING!" The restaurant closed in 1995 though Rosalie is still around online, in magazines etc. Anyway it was neat to find this commercial for Visa that was shown during the Super Bowl in the mid 80's and it brought back a flood of memories of good times and just unmatched northern Italian cooking. My favorite dish was Vittelo Alla Giorgio which just means Veal by George. To this day I still use Rosalie's as the benchmark by which I measure all restaurants. Wonderful memories!      



In my last blog my old friend Carole had mentioned how we had both thought about Beth recently. She also brought up how I had shown pictures of The Mt. Auburn Cemetery back in the Spaces days. I worked at that particular store from 2000-2011. I had never gone into the cemetery until 2006. It took a guy I worked with from Wisconsin to get me to cross the street. This place was established in 1831 and set the standard and is credited with starting the American public parks and gardens movement. It's rolling landscape with trees from around the world is peaceful (duh) and particularly beautiful in the Fall. I shown some of these before and I'm going to show 'em again. These were taken between 2006 and 2014.


 
 





 



 Views from the top of the tower.



Looking towards Boston.
 











 
As I write this it is around 30 degrees which is downright balmy compared the last several days. The sun is shining and it looks lovely outside but aside from going next door to Arlene's tonight and possibly enjoying a glass or two of wine I'm not going anywhere except possibly to sleep.
I'm outta here. 


4 comments:

  1. Boston Boy, That restaurant looked like the best place to enjoy a true Italian meal. I love all the wonderful picture. That is beautiful foliage . Hope it's starting to feel like spring there. Ours temps are so up and down it's confusing. Blessings for a great new week. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really NEEDED to see all of those wonderful pictures with so much COLOR!! You truly have an eye for the beauty of your surroundings. I especially like # 2, 7, and 15. What is the green blob in the lower center of the last one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings
    Love the photos though it begs the question, "what you doing hanging around cemeteries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still one of the most beautiful cemeteries I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete