Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Sitting Around

It's been about 11 weeks since I said goodbye to my working life. As I have said a billion times it's an adjustment. I am officially a member of the senior set. As I have watched some daytime television I've noticed all the ads aimed at the senior set. Life insurance, final expenses (if you know what I mean and I think you do), all kinds of medications, lawyers for those who took medications with adverse effects and want to sue and of course everybody's favorite, incontinence. I found myself watching some shows from my youth. To Tell The Truth, What's My Line, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Bonanza and so on. Arlene still works part time for the school system so day trips are out of the question until a few weeks into June when we plan a trip to you know where. We went two times a year until last year and I'm not sure we will be able to go twice this year but we are grateful that we have this lovely place close to home and that we can go at all.

I hope we can finally say goodbye to winter. It was pleasant yesterday and the same for today though tomorrow it will be cold again. I hope it's the last of scenes like this.




While I was at my sisters this passed summer I took some pictures of my fathers paintings she had hanging up. They were framed behind glass so there is some glare from the flash. She has a whole bunch that are not framed and some day I will take pictures of all of them.





So that's about it for now. All I have left to do a last load of laundry then I'm off to buy a bottle of wine for Arlene and I to share this evening. Cheers!
I'm outta here.

2 comments:

  1. Snow scenes are pretty. When it goes away, not too pretty! Soon you will know all about what seniors learn by watching so much TV! Some things are not necessary to be talked about on TV. They make little kids ask too many questions. I'm old fashioned I guess. There is a time for everything and TV has ruined it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, Welcome to my world of being retired and some times bored. LOL. I watch too many news programs...they make me nuts. Brr, those snow pictures are pretty but make me cold. Your father 's paintngs are very good. It will be nice when you can photograph all of them. We had a pretty day here but it is still cold out...only in the 40's. In a day or so it may get in the 60's. Crazy to me. Hope you can find some fun things to do once the weather breaks. Be safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete