Wednesday, March 15, 2017

OK! So it snowed!

They have been talking about this storm for the last several days. And indeed it is snowing at this time, a little passed noon. One thing I am eternally grateful that I'm not working, particularly when there is a snow scare. Arlene went to the supermarket on Monday and mentioned how insane it was. She heard a women in the checkout line say that we were going to get 30 inches of snow! I first heard 8-12, then 12-18, then back to 8-12.  The wind is blowing and it's pretty nasty out. I remember people panic buying when I worked. Some people just picked up a couple of items others had a wagon train of shopping carts. Jammed parking lot, jammed store. Don't miss it at all.
  
I had gone shopping a couple of days prior to snowmageddon and I asked Arlene if she needed anything and she said no. Come  Monday I'll bet she had wished she had said yes.

Update
It is now Wednesday afternoon. It's cold but sunny. Last night I went out about 5pm to do some shoveling. At that time it was turning from snow to rain. Now I'm not sure how much snow we got. By the time I got out there it looked like 6-8 inches had fallen and it was heavy because the temperature was rising and the rain. It took me about an hour and 45 minutes.

You would have thought it was the end of the world. All four local network affiliates were on with continuing coverage of the storm from 4:30 am until 6:30 pm. Here are some of the clips I took straight off the television at various times during the day. I'll warn you in advance, this is no academy award winner.


 
So that about wraps it up here on the Wild Willy West Show. Until next time,
I'm outta here.


3 comments:

  1. Same here, but we still have a long way to go to open up paths and other surrounding areas. It takes time and tons of effort. You retired just in time! Stay safe and be sure not to overdo your cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, That is how it is here...if we get a little too much rain or snow...it's as if the stations had nothing at else to report that day. Can make people nuts. I like to have things to eat that you may not need power to fix...cause sometimes we lose power...that is my biggest scare always. I hope it's melted some there. Please I don't want to sound like your mommy...but please always use caution when shoveling snow. I always do it in shifts. I scoot it too. Blessings, stay warm and safe. xoxo, Susie
    p.s. oh yes, I bet you are glad you do not have to deal with the roads and crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow yes heard you had a great load of the white stuff..we have had lots of rain they keep promising us a very cold spell by the end of the month.
    Stay warm dry and look after each other.
    Best Regards
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete