Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Feb. 15, 2015 Morning update, 7' of snow.

What can you say, so far we have had about 7 feet of snow in 3 weeks. We only got about a foot of snow in this latest round. It's very light. I haven't been outside yet and don't plan on it until tomorrow. It is windy, at last viewing of the TV it's gusting around 40 mph around here. There are people out shoveling and snow blowing as I write this and it's maybe 14 degrees.
 
This was taken about 10 am this morning. That's my car behind the pointy snow pile in the lower right hand corner of the picture and Arlene's behind mine. The wind is much worse along the coast and it's not that far away from here. Maybe 5 miles. Things wind wise are much worse on the Cape. Everybody is fine though, all the family and friend phone calls have been made and everybody is doing ok. We are all stocked up and hunkered down. Though this is an unprecedented snowfall in such a short time it's part of the deal around here. Here are some clips from television this morning, taken with my little 5 mega pixel camera, both local and from the Weather Channel.

 
 Ah what can you say? Well nature commands that you sit back and all normalcy stops then you sit back. You hunker down. You get to stay home and maybe think about all that is good about your life. This will all be gone eventually and with spring, a rebirth. Arlene and I will once again begin taking our little trips and take an actual vacation, and be thankful that we can weather the storm and enjoy some of the good things in life. I remember Arlene asking a relative of hers who lives in California and was saying how they couldn't live around here and deal with the winter, "What challenges you people?" And that's what this is, a challenge. Truthfully nobody likes what's going on here at the moment but we'll get through it. It's not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. So now it's time for me to grab some lunch. Chicken cutlets sounds good.

I'm outta here.

7 comments:

  1. Oh.....
    we at minus 40ty something makes you want to run out naked, not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! Have you seen the Jim Cantore video as he experienced the thundersnow? There is a man who accepts and rejoices in Mother Nature! Copy & paste link.
    http://youtu.be/PdRWGMyeSYY?list=FLLvp4Vo_Lir-SEzhb41h-4w

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Boston is experiencing winter more than any other state this year.
    Glad your hunkered down and rolling with the punches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray you keep your power and your roof is okay. I am watching the Boston mayor on the weather channel right now it sounds so scary. I just cannot imagine how bad things are..the videos and photos say it all though. Stay warm and well...don't get out unless you really HAVE to. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind blowing snow !! I am worried about when it does ever start to melt..Hopefully it will melt slowly Blessings to all of you along the coast. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH good. It's giving me a comment box. I have problems getting that to come up here fairly often and I have to go away, un-commenting. I live in TN., and the jonquils are NOT supposed to be blooming. They should wait till March to even start. But they have been coming up right after New Years the last three tears. That is terrible as we are a winter-type State.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my ! Goodness that sure is a lot of Snow . The big thaw will be another story , do stay home the both of you.Stay warm and thank you for the Video updates wow!

    ReplyDelete