Friday, November 7, 2014

OK, I'm back at least for now.

So it seems that my problems were caused by my wireless hookup. I don't know why I got it in the first place. I don't use my computer in any other room but this one. So it's been a week since my oral surgery. I have to say I am not thrilled with my temporary lower teeth. They have irritated the back of my throat and tongue. It almost feels like a sore throat. When I went back to the dentist on Monday for a follow up. She allegedly trimmed the plate but all she really did was put an edge on the plastic making the problem worse. I have since taken it upon myself to file it down on my own. It's much better but I still have a few months before the implants are installed. Sounds like I'm having a new fan belt installed on my car. Eating has been a chore. Basically it's been soup and oatmeal, yogurt I still can't chew properly. It appears that I am healing well after the surgery. I can still feel the stitches on my gums. All in all it will be 4 to 6 months before all is said and done. I can't wait until I can have my first cheeseburger or Linguini Julia. OK enough of my dental problems.

I guess I don't have much to write about so here's a little video I made of my drive to work. As I get past Tufts University I approach Powder House Square. It is so name because a former windmill had been converted to a storage place for all the gun powder of the Massachusetts Colony. The British marched from Boston during the night and captured all the powder rallying the colonists and leading to the first battles of the Revolutionary War in Lexington and Concord. This is not my photo.


  
I don't have much to say today so here's a video of my drive to work. I videoed this last Thursday. It was early, about 6:15 a.m. so there wasn't much traffic. In about an hours time it can be a congested mess.
 
 
OK it's time for me to get my act together and actually go out in public. I do have to buy some groceries. I think tonight Arlene and I will have a bit of wine. She has been helpful this past week. I will be going back for another follow up exam this upcoming Monday and then I still have another 9 days to recuperate. I'll be back to work on Nov. 17th. I still have plenty of vacation time left to spend by the end of the year, another 3 weeks. I will lose it if I don't use it. I suppose that applies to many things.
 
So now it's time to wrestle with another meal and go out. By the way I haven't shaved since last Thursday. I'm not growing a beard I just haven't shaved. I know I know, it's the same thing.
 
I'm outta here. 


4 comments:

  1. Although I entered a comment on your You Tube site, I wonder if you made your video with your "regular" camera or have a video camera. How did it mount on the dashboard? Nice ride. Come on over, we are having barley vegetable soup and it is mushy, good for you and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the dentist mention slivers of bone will poke up from the gums the first year and you have to dig them out? I shouldn't have mentioned it. Maybe your dentist got all the ...never mind. I love hot oatmeal! You poor thing. There everyone has to have some sympathy. You know I am poking fun but others who read my comment may think otherwise. As your gums shrink your temp teeth will get loser. Boy I am a downer posting huh? Cheer up! You are online and now you can watch movies and videos to pass the time. I best stop before you um ...ok so ya better shave tonight for Arlene. Jist sayin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an ordeal , I have homemade Silton soup just the ticket Paul. Arlene is indeed a little trouper, bless.
    Glad to see you back on line .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston Boy, Loved seeing your drive. I hope you can get well enough to eat better...yes, those temporary things are nuts. It's like how in the heck do they even think you could eat with them. Hope it goes well. It will be like a feast when you can eat...maybe like "Thanksgiving." :):) bless you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete