Sunday, September 26, 2010

So here I am some 13 hours before I leave for Marthas Vineyard. I am packed, not too much but it appears I will be taking my laptop with me. The weather isn't going to be great especially after Saturday. It was 85 and beautiful. The trees are starting to turn but I have no idea what it will be like on the island. It's about 85 0r 90 miles from here. As I said the weather will not be ideal. There may be some showers tomorrow. There looks to be a thunderstorm on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday look to be a bit better. It will not be cool. It seems the temperatures will be 70 and above for so at least I won't be dealing with cold temps. 

I may well be reporting in from down there, at least it's down there from my perspective. OK enough about what hasn't even happened yet. To finish up with yet another zipper head from Cambridge encounter. A lady comes to the counter and says, "Hi. I have an unusual request."

I'm thinking, "What could it be? I've been doing this for nearly 40 years and I've heard just about every request you could think of in regards to the deli. Did she want to buy one slice? That's not unusual. Did she want me to cut the slice in half so she could eat half on the way home and save the other half for later?"
I say, "Well what would you like ma'am?"
She asks, "Do you have any wooden crates that you're throwing away? I need one to bury my dog."
Sure! They're on sale! See! It's in the flyer. Right after the Land O LAKES cheese. Wooden crates to bury your dead dog. $8.99 ea. Save two bucks!
Again I say, what's wrong with these people?

I'm outta here Monday, 6:30 am, and I'm outta here now. 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time on the trip. Take lots of pictures and check in with us from your
    laptop.
    That is the most unusual request I have ever heard. How did you answer her?
    Have fun the next few days and for heaven sake don't do anything foolish like elope with a democrat or some other silly thing. LOL Seriously, I do hope you get to see some celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the camera..... and remember to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy everything even the rain. Do check in with us if you can. Don't forget to take extra memory along and keep the camera bag zipped so you won't lose anything. I do wish you a wonderful vacation Paul. Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete