Monday, September 11, 2017

So let's try this again

I have started several blogs since the last one I published. I think I became all blogged out. I've been doing it for about 9 years. I've made many good friends from all over the U.S. and a few in Europe and Australia. Things in life change. In 2016 I moved twice. It's a long story soon to be a major motion picture starring Victor Mature. Moving generally speaking is not fun and doing it twice in one year is double the unfun. I essentially am in the same house only I live upstairs now. Still I really don't have much to complain about though getting used to being fully retired since Jan, 5, 2017 is still an ongoing adjustment. Arlene had some health issues last year but has recovered nicely. We will be going back to the Vineyard in early mid October. Same hotel. I'll never forget the first time we went to the Pequot Hotel in 2010. The first person we spoke to as we registered turned out to come from the same city Arlene and I live in though admittedly it's not like we traveled halfway around the world. It's about a 70-90 minute drive to Woods Hole on Cape Cod and if we get there quick enough sometimes we can get on an earlier ferry and be on the island in about 45 minutes. The tourist should be sparse in number at this time of the year and it'll be nice to get away from all the construction, the god-awful traffic, the crowds and though the weather has been nice the winter is coming.
  
Ok what's next is from a blog I started a couple of months ago about Boston's North End, (or as you might hear, Nawth End) home to Paul Reveres' house, the Old North Church and Boston's' Little Italy. You'll hear the North Ends' version of the Boston accent in this short promo for this film. I have not seen the film. I didn't even know there was a film but I found this promo by accident. I'm not making any claim that this is the best little Italy in the U.S. but it certainly is a place where you can get a wonderful meal in about 90 or so restaurants and cafés. As somebody said, "You can smell the meatballs in the air." It's also part of my heritage. Both my grandfathers came from Sicily to the U.S. in the early 1900's and lived in the North End. They both lived in the same little town back in Sicily. I remember when I was young my mother showing me which apartment building they lived in. 
 



Well that's it for now. I better publish before I think of another reason to keep writing.
I'm outta here.

2 comments:

  1. Your Italian heritage is absolutely wonderful! My daughter married Italian and has learned to cook great foods from her mother-in-law. Her daughter also married Italian man whose line is pure. Another one of my grandchildren married an Italian man and that says it all came from me because the only guys I would date in HS were the Italian guys. There is just something about the Italians that draws me. Always has, always will. Maybe the love of their music (Pavarotti) or the foods, or the dark eyes and hair of both the women and men that dwells deep in my blood. I know you are proud of your heritage. Italy's contribution to the world's culture and history should never be understated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, I love the little film. I laughed at the "if you weren't related to someone, then your cousin was. " LOL I remember sitting in the Old North Church while a yung college man read the "midnight Ride Of Paul Revere"....that meant so much to me...then to board the U.S.S. Constitution, and touch that old lumber of that magnificent ship. I love every minute of my history walk in Boston. Hope you and Arlene get to fully enjoy your up coming trip to the Vineyard. Blessings, xoxo, missed you, Susie

    ReplyDelete