Sunday, September 24, 2017

A beautiful day

I've started three blogs since my last published blog. I think I can finish and publish this one. Publish? Okay I suppose it's not like I have a new book from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Sounds cool though. On a person note to you Geraldine about the Real Gusto restaurant. I'm no clothes horse and when Arlene and I went there I was wearing sneakers or running shoes for the foo foo chi chi out there, though there is no actual no actual running involved, I wore jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie. Everyone was very down to Earth and friendly. But I digress. Yesterday and today was and is just beautiful weather-wise after several dreary and windy days due to Jose. Now I am by no means comparing the lousy weather we had to all the devastating weather elsewhere in the country and the earthquakes in Mexico.

So Arlene's daughter asked me if I would like to go with them to a winery in New Hampshire. New Hampshire is not the first place you would think of when the subject is wine. There's a highway, though it has a different numerical designation, that runs from the tip of Cape Cod into deepest, darkest New Hampshire. From where we live the New Hampshire state line is 25 miles away. New Hampshire is a beautiful state and it's much more rural than it is around here. There are more people in downtown Boston during the day than there are in the entire state to our north. It was also much warmer in New Hampshire than the Boston area of Massachusetts. It was in the 70's at home and 87 in mid state New Hampshire.   Still it's was a lovely day in a lovely place.       



Alrighty then it's time to "publish" and catch the football game. Boy apart from New England everybody hates our football team. I suppose that's understandable. After all we around here have been conditioned to hate the Yankees. That's it. Over and out.
 I'm outta here.

2 comments:

  1. Boston Boy, Well I never think of New Hampshire when I think of wine...but the winery was a lovely place. I hope you enjoyed your time there. Traffic is a problem ofr me any more...I hate it. Too many D.A.'s on the road and I ain't talking district attorneys. LOL It was in the mid 90's here yesterday. I meet up with a friend and she mentioned Beth Marie...It's a small world. I told her that you thought a lot of Beth and missed her too. Blessings to you for a fun filled new week. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete