Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday...

Yup. Just 26 days until we leave for, as those in the know say, "the Vineyard". It does sound snooty though. I suppose it's endemic of the area. We are perceived as snooty at times and not without good reason. But I don't intend this to be a blog bashing my home area. In fact at this point I'm not really sure what direction, if any, this will take.

I got up reasonably early at 7 a.m. Have run two errands and am on my second load of laundry. It's a very nice day with a few wind gusts but not bad. Things are in bloom around here. When my camera battery charges I'll post a picture. Too bad it couldn't stay like this all year.

This passed Saturday we around here were witness to what was called, "Urban Shield". A realistic re-enactment of terrorist/disaster situation. It went on for 24 hours. It took place mostly in Boston as well as a few surrounding communities. Nothing around here as one city separates us from Boston. I did see and hear helicopters, more so than usual. I didn't have to work Saturday so I didn't see any of the drill, some of which took place in Cambridge where I work.
Here's a local television news report from a day or two ago.


There are things for me to do around the house including some lunch. However It is very close to the time Arlene arrives home from her morning shift. Maybe I'll ask her if she wants to go out for lunch.
 
It's now 3 hours later. Yes we went out to lunch. $5.00 burgers from 11:30 until 2:30 at the same place where the trophies were. It was much quieter than the last time.
Here's a picture of the front of the house this morning. Things are beginning to bloom.


This was a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know if this guy was moving in or moving out of he had rented my neighbors front yard and was living there. He's gone now.
Well that about wraps up this edition. I'm waiting for my sister to stop by.
I'm outta here.

3 comments:

  1. The Urban Shield Training sounds like a very good idea!
    You live in a very nice neighborhood Paul. Everything is starting to bloom here to and it is about time! Our temp for Wednesday is supposed to be in the upper 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your front yard is really looking nice. I love the tree. What was up with that fellow??LOL I have been busy helping out with dinner at my daughters. She is back to teaching her 5th graders....but when she comes home she looks so tire, I just want to cry. She will be seeing her family dr. on Thursday...I hope he gives her a complete physical. I know you are so excited about your vacation. I am excited for you and Arlene. Nice that you got to have lunch together. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That training sounds like a good idea Paul .
    Love tree there in your front garden very pretty.
    Great you and Arlene enjoyed time out over Lunch .. not long now.

    ReplyDelete