Saturday, May 31, 2014

Almost, at least as of this writing.

Once again I feel guilty about not being around but in my own defense apart from sleeping (sort of), working (Hey did you hear I retired?) and maybe a meal a day, I haven't been home all that much. When I did get on the computer I actually started three different blog entries which I never finished. It does take me forever to write a blog. I will finish them because I took a long time writing them.

All right enough of that nonsense. As of this writing (about 7:35 on Saturday evening, Arlene and I will be leaving at 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning. We tied up loose ends today as we haven't seen each other since last Thursday. By the way on Thursday she invited me over for a simple ziti and meatball supper. I have to say Arlene makes a home made sauce that is so much like my mothers. The same goes for the meatballs. And of course I loved my mothers home made sauce and meatballs. There are the three camps concerning the preparation of the meatballs at least as fall as I know. You mix your ground beef as you see fit and place them in the sauce raw and let them slow cook in the sauce and the sauce should be home made.
You brown them in the oven for a time and I have no clue how long or the temperature, and then you put them in the sauce. Or as my mother did, brown them in a frying pan, then put them in the sauce. Arlene does the same thing and she's only half Italian. This is the second time I've had Arlene's home made sauce and meatballs with pasta. It was wonderful.

See, I went off on another tangent, interrupted by a phone call. That's why it takes me so long to write a post. I have three other unfinished posts. 

So the upshot of it all is we are leaving Sunday morning. The beauty of the whole thing is (excuse me, another phone call. This time made by me)... Ok I just got off the phone with Arlene. The leaving time has just been moved up to 6:30 a.m. This all ties in with what I was going to say. The whole beauty of it is , we will get to the dock by 8:00-8:30 a.m., get loaded (the car) onto the ferry, not to be confused with getting loaded on the ferry. The ferry leaves at 9:45 and were on the island by 11a.m.

Sunrise, June 2010

The clay cliffs on the other side of the island.


Well it's time to wrap this up. The next time you hear from me  we will be on Marta's Vineyard.

I'm outta here... by 6:30 a.m.       

5 comments:

  1. You are on your way to relax with Arlene and enjoy life! Marta's Vineyard awaits you both. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you two, have a wonderful time. Enjoy!! and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Sunday (course you know that) and you have counted down the days to vacation. Now stop counting and get loaded (on the ferry). Enjoy you two! Sounds like Arlene is ah keeper Paul. I wish you two the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, Wow, that trip seemed to come so fast. I know not for you and Arlene...but I remember you counting and it was in the 30's I hope you both truly enjoy every minute of this long awaited trip. Even if it's just sipping a nice coffee every morning and cool drink every evening. Blessings to both of you. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you are finally off I hope you both have a wonderful time.
    It sounds like a lovely place as you have said before.
    Enjoy, all the best.

    ReplyDelete