Friday, April 6, 2018

Yup, a little more snow, the Boston Marathon and I'm not sure what else.

Apart from the tragic events of a few years ago, every year I think about working down town when the marathon finish line was right in front of the Prudential building just few hundred or more feet up from a store my former company, Star Market has there. When your shift was over all you could do was hang around until the street was opened up to traffic again. I worked a shift that started at 6 a.m. until 2 or 2:30 p.m.  so getting to work was quite easy at 5:30 in the morning. Most of the drive was a straight shot. On Marathon day you were pretty much stuck there unless you took public transportation so we would make the best of it go out to eat and possibly drink. Ok we drank. This was in the 70's and early 80's as I worked at that location 4 times over 46 years. This is not my photo.

This is a very busy store to begin with and on marathon day it was over the top. Many out of towner's staying in several hotels in the area all flooded the store for lunch or dinner as they have a wide array of prepared foods. I personally loved the spare ribs. I can't speak for the present but back then this was one of the highest grossing markets per square foot in the country. They used to like to brag about that back in the day. It's still is quite busy though. Still it was exciting seeing people from all over the world. Boylston St. was teaming with people.

Also back then I had a friend Rae. We weren't a couple but we shared a sense of humor. In fact she was a girl friend of a friend of mine and a very good artist. I could cartoon a little so we hit it off. There was no hanky-panky but there were many laughs. One night she started talking about my friend's grandmother who was a very sweet old women but our generation was completely foreign to her. She was very religious which of course only added to our banter. Well before you know it we made her into a super hero. Nuclear Nun. We never fully defined her super powers except that she could fly and shoot out holy halos from her hands. I know I have some of the drawings somewhere including a couple of comic book covers that never really became complete stories. Rae was a sweetheart and I have very fond memories of her.

Well it's still snowing though it isn't amounting to anything as it is too warm. Alrighty then my laundry is a callin' me.
I'm outta here.

3 comments:

  1. I would have liked to be a bug on the wall when you and Rae got together. I never understood the 70's and all the wildness during that time as I was very busy trying to stay afloat with a large family's demands. Yesterday the large township truck plow came through by here both ways. What waste of resources! There was only about 2 inches and it totally melted away in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, I love when we can work with the opposite sex and ...no hanky-panky. LOL. It's like brother and sister, only funnier. That store looks like it is right in the mix of things there. I know you would never had said anything to Nuclear Nun in person, other than kindness...but you know that's one good thing about aging...we don't give a damn what whipper snappers say. LOL. Take care. Blessings for some nice warn days ahead. Gee, I am so tired of flip flop weather. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Every body
    Thank you thank you Dr iayaryi for the good work you just did in my life.

    I'm From Texas USA. I was married to my husband for two years and we were living together happily and we both love each other for this two year not until one bad evening when i came back from work late due to scares of transportation and he started queering and he said he does not trust me any more and he can continue with this marriage any more and he drove me away from his house unknowingly to him that i was carrying his two month old baby inside me i tried informing he but he won,t listen to me any more i thought i will never get him back again and i loved him so much and i promise not to rest until am able to get him back to my life so i began to look for a solution and help to get him back this was because i do not want to give birth to a fatherless child so one afternoon as i was browsing on my computer i came across a testimony shared by miss Rachael from UK how she got his ex husband back with the help of Dr iayaryi of (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com) so i decided to give him a try and to my best surprise the spell this man cast on my husband work just within two days i contacted him . and today am happily living with my husband and a bouncing baby boy , with all this help rendered to me through this Dr Iyaryi (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com ) And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete