Friday, April 13, 2018

Am I blogged out?

Let's just say that I've been busy. There's Arlene and her daughters, my two sisters and my friend Dave. Now I'm not complaining, well maybe a little. Then I think maybe I'm blogged out. It's been about ten years, maybe a little longer. I've been on Blogger since 2010 after Windows Live Spaces bit the big one. Still I have to admit that I do like posting pictures here. I mean there is a distinct possibility that Arlene and I will be heading back to you know where in about a month and a half to two months depending on how she feels. She had surgery of a female nature less than a year ago and she really wasn't up to it the last time we went last October but she went none the less. And recently she had a serious bout with the flu. She had amassed about 25 pounds of fluid around her lungs. She is doing much better and she is the one who suggested that maybe we can go back to you know where. I can't imagine that I could possibly take anymore pictures on the island because I have a ton. That thought led me to try better organize all the pictures I've taken since I bought my first digital camera back in 2006. I have a TON of pictures!

At this point, about two hours after I wrote the above, Arlene and I have just returned from getting a bite eat at a local sports bar/restaurant. Naturally there are many television screens showing the hockey playoffs and the Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Before the actual game started the Sox paid tribute to all the people who were injured at the marathon bombings. Besides the three people killed there were 260 people who lost limbs or were mutilated in some way. Now I don't know if all 260 people were there as the sound was off but to see all these people make their way onto the field from center field towards home plate with prosthetic limbs in wheel chairs was quite moving. Once again I couldn't hear anything but I have to admit watching all these poor people, missing one leg, both legs, arms, hands and so on was quite emotional. All these people who's lives were radically changed on a day that's always been a day of fun and celebration. I mentioned in my last blog that when I worked downtown and it was marathon day you weren't going anywhere for quite a while especially if you worked an early shift and got out at 2:00 or 2:30. But you know what, it was fun as long as you accepted the fact that you were stuck. You met people from all over the country and from other countries from around the world. What I saw tonight brought it home again, back to the day when I saw all the police cars and television trucks around the corner from where I live not knowing that that was where Krystle Campbell lived. Not knowing that Arlene's daughters went to school with Krystle and they all played at each others houses when they were kids. I wasn't in town on that day but it's still affects me.

 So to sum it up I give kudos to the Red Sox ownership for honoring these survivors. These owners have been generous people, involved in the community and not only that since they have owned the Sox they have won three World Series after an eighty six year drought.

Ok back to the pictures. As I looked at them I thought how some of them would look in black and white. I did it once before and I liked the results.



 




          
 




 


 
So that's it for now. It's just about 11pm and I think I'll go to bed.
I'm outta here.


5 comments:

  1. My take on your feeling of being blogged out... You must be feeling that you HAVE to write a blog. How about just popping in once in a while to spout about whatever is in your mind at the time? And yes, your pictures ARE important. They are memories and reminders of your life experiences. They are of history and pleasurable times to show others who cannot go where you go or do what you do or see what you see. Now the b/w changes are really nice. Please keep on keepin' on - at your pace, be it slow or fast, just do what you do and share with others. It matters. You are both a wordsmith and a talented photographer along with being a knowledgable historian of both your home and vacation areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.I will agree..I won't give up my blog but I'm sure have cut back a lot. I agree with nook..just do one when you want to. I would miss your photos and your updates. Now you are retired..you can do what you want to. Just check in when you can! Hope you and Arlene stay well and have a great time. 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Boy, I always enjoyed your blog. Especially when you show your vacation pictures and your family photos from your childhood. I loved seeing your parents, aunts/ uncles, and cousins. So blog when you can or want. I liked the bl/wh photos too. It's tough to take at times, thinking about how our country and others has changed from our days of youth. Nothing is truly safe any more. But we have to keep trying to live normally...can't stay closed up. I long for the old days at times. Blessings to you my friend, xoxo, Susie'ps. hug Arlene for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand exactly what you mean about being blogged-out. It happened to me a good while ago. Actually, life came along and put a stop to my daily blogging. I am now a "sometimey" blogger. That's about all I can squeeze into caregiving routines and other "Life" stuff.

    Just do it when you can, that works. Your photos are so captivating, I always enjoy them. Wishing all the best for you and Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings .....
    I am glad Arlene is feeling better. Sometimes walking through life's little fires can leave you feeling singed.

    love the swan photos.

    I too am from Windows Spaces. Have been blogging for years. You are right there tend to be an ebb and flow, a lot of it caused when you see people fade away to moving on to newer technologies or have given up blogging all together. Like you though I focus on what I like about blogging and that keeps me doing it.

    take care.
    my regards to Arlene.

    ReplyDelete