Tuesday, October 10, 2017

We're back

Leading up to our little three day trip the weather looked like it could be iffy but for the most part it was fine. Sunday was overcast with sprinkles of rain here and there but it didn't matter. We sat on a bench watching the ocean beyond the empty beach. It was quite relaxing though there was a steady stream of cars on the road behind us. there were still visitors to the island which of course included us. At our hotel there were cars from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Pennsylvania and of course Massachusetts. I didn't take many pictures as we've seen a good part of the place and nothing out of the ordinary was happening. I did get out early on morning and walked down to the water to watch the sunrise. There was one lovely sunset but I didn't have my camera and wasn't in a good position to get a shot.












 



I crossed the street on my way back to the hotel and looked back.


 So it was a relatively short time but it is always nicer than hanging around here. The day we left, Tuesday, was picture book. Just lovely, but we had to leave. Cape Cod is a lovely place to drive through and as you move further north the road becomes more highway instead two roads and the traffic thickens. The closer you get to Boston the more congested it gets. Still it was only about 10:30 A.M. and I do like seeing the city skyline the distance.

One other thing that I have enjoyed for the last few days is a you-tube video that has had me laughing even just thinking about it. Arlene received it a couple of days ago.  It was originally posted some six years ago. Try not to laugh!
 


Oh the laundry! I'm outta here.

4 comments:

  1. Boston Boy, Glad you and Arlene had a great vacation. Beautiful seeing the sun across the water. Yes, laundry is always something that need attention. LOL. I loved the dog video. Yes, I laughed . Blessings, hope your week will have some fun. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunrise pictures today are beautiful! It is nice that you and Arlene were able to enjoy your favorite place again this year. Now you'll have to make your own bed! Hopefully you'll keep on going there in the years to come. A place like that is good for a soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had beautiful picture and in your having lave wish good dog I hope he can leave long time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. blessings and welcome back.
    its not the quantity of time rather the quality of time.

    take care.

    ReplyDelete