Monday, October 23, 2017

Family medical matters

  
Since we've been back from our little vacation my brother-in-law has taken ill. There has been an uptick in pressure and other family concerns. At the moment he is stable but he could go either way. All I can do at the moment is to be there for my sister. There will be a hospital move coming up in the near future which for all these years has been very convenient. It's (the hospital) very close by and will be closing soon. It will remain open as an emergency room and for prompt care.I spent six weeks there in September 1963 with a case of ruptured appendix. Getting back to my brother-in-law, there's the potential he might not be going home and have to enter a facility or worse...
 
Considering all that's going on my sister is handling it well. Now these kind of situations can create some family tension and that has happened. I won't get into details as this whole episode is still unfolding.
 
As for other matters, the weather has been wonderful. I can't remember a better October even as I write this the sun is out and we're heading for another 70 degree plus day. Rain is coming Tuesday into Wednesday but we need it. Arlene and I went to another new restaurant in town and it was enjoyable but none have topped our original favorite Raso's. Because of our local proximity to Boston the building of a hotel has caused all these new restaurants to pop up and it has been enjoyable to explore these places. What else are you going to do when you retire besides go out and eat.
      

 I started this particular entry a couple of weeks ago. I had two videos from our vacation that I uploaded to YouTube. I know you have already seen them Gere but they have been sitting here for a few weeks and that was the original idea of this blog entry.  
   


 
 
 
 
 
 
So that's it for now. I have a busy day ahead of me so I best get out of this chair and into the shower.
I'm outta here.

4 comments:

  1. Paul, I am so sorry regarding your brother-in-law. Yes, it seems like a given when a family member is badly off, tensions do rise of course and differing opinions on various topics come to the forefront.

    I swear if I were there I would weigh 200 pounds with all the restaurants asking to be explored! I eat so cautiously usually but only to avoid excess sodium and fat. All the good stuff has sodium and fat. That's what makes it taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessings....
    sorry to read about your brother-in-law. I hope things take a turn for the better. Your sister & her husband is in my prayers.

    take care.
    stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life throws us big curves and we just have to follow the ball and support each other the best we can. I'm sorry to hear of your turmoil and upsets and will be thinking of you and your sister. Yes, I watched your videos. I like seeing you and Arlean having nice times. So glad you are fortunate to have so many eating places nearby. It would be a real adventure for us to try some of them. Hang strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, So sorry to hear this about your brother in law. Praying for him and the family....it's hard to take sides in family disputes ...so I usually just bite my tongue, or try to make everyone think about how we all take bad news differently...we all still love the same person. Loved seeing your videos. Be strong for your sister. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete