Thursday, May 28, 2015

T minus 3 days...

...at least as of this writing. As per usual I probably won't finish tonight as it's already 9:10 p.m. and I've been up since 5 a.m. blah blah blah. Today was my last day of work for 10 days. Arlene is already off but she has been busy the last few days with her daughter graduating from Harvard! She has already graduated from Tufts University and now Harvard! Of course Arlene is very proud of her daughter and all she has accomplished. I've only known one other person who attended Harvard but that was just after high school a while back.

Arlene attended some kind of ceremony on Wednesday at the school. That was an all day affair and today (Thursday) the actual graduation was held. As I drove down Massachusetts Avenue, know locally as Mass. Ave, on my way to work today at 6:30 a.m. or so, there were people here and there walking towards Harvard Square in their cap and gowns. I wish I had a camera handy especially as I drove home. What a crush of people about in that fairly small square. It was almost as bad yesterday. The very front of the Harvard gates is where two, two lane roads merge. It's a battle to make sure you get in or stay in your proper lane. It can be a major pain in the buttockical region. The whole area was a mass of people. Still it is a little exciting. There were a whole array of races of people, all smiling and excited. People from all over the world.

      I spoke to Arlene before I started writing this. She was tired but excited and happy for daughter. She told me today that the diplomas were handed out in a huge tent. It was hot and humid today, 88 degrees. It was hot and long but she said she loved it. (I suppose I could have phrased the a bit differently.) The principle speaker was the President's Secretary of Education. I forgot his name.

So we will be leaving in a few days. I still have things to do. Friday, when I'll probably finish writing this, Arlene is having a party at a local restaurant for her daughter and friends. I will be attending that. Hey, free food! On Saturday I will have take care of some loose ends and be ready to hit the road Sunday at 6 a.m. Arlene doesn't like me mentioning the long range weather forecast. The first 3 days will bring rain of varying the  percentages, 40%-60%. It looks much nicer the second part of the week. There are a few specific things we'll do but for the most part it's unplanned. Perhaps we can take some kind of tour in Edgartown. I wouldn't mind touring some sea side mansions like we did a few years back in Newport Rhode Island.
 
  
I'll see if I can finagle some of the graduation pictures. I'd love to see them. I have been on a bit of the Harvard Campus but there is much more that I haven't seen. The closest I've gotten to Harvard was driving passed it.

So I think I will finish this tonight. I'm a combination of sleepy and hungry even though I had a good supper. Ah, I see the well has dried up. Good night.
I'm outta here.

4 comments:

  1. Git 'er up and out thar! Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I loved that picture and the caption! Perfect on both fronts!! Have a wonderful vacation and come back uninjured. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Boy, You need to park downtown and go see everything you have lived near all your life. :) I have been at Harvard yard...I was on a tour bus and he squeeze us into a tiny slot by running over the corner of the sidewalk. LOL. I am so excite for Arlene...please tell her great job...I know she helped her daughter. Blessings to all of you and congrats to the young lady. Wowwee, vacation !!!! How I am envying you., xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete