Monday, February 18, 2013

At this point it's 6:30 Sunday evening. I may or may not finish this entry until tomorrow. It has been a cold, snowy, miserable day. It has stopped snowing. After last week the snow amounts, somewhere between 4 and 6 inches, is really no big deal. Messy but easy to deal with. The problem is that it's cold, about 20 at this point, and the wind is gusting up to 40 miles per hour. I hear the eerie howl of the wind as it slices through the wrought iron railing on the front porch, just the other side of the desk I am sitting behind. I was originally going out this evening but the plunging temperature magnified by the wind has changed my plans. I'm staying home. I did venture out about 9 this morning. The driving was slow and sloppy. If it wasn't for the wind I would have gone out tonight. The snow is cleared from the roads and because of the wind there is very little snow on the cars. The snow itself is light and powdery. The kind of snow that's great for skiing. Something I tried once to no success what so ever. At least I didn't break anything.
Update. Monday Feb. 18. I was falling asleep as I wrote the above. It's now late in the morning. I have been doing some rearranging of things. I realize that I need to get rid of things. That's not really a great revelation it's something that I have been avoiding for some time. The sun is out and it looks nice but it's still cold and if I don't have to go out I won't.

Now on to another matter. I have received comments from "Anonymous" on a couple of posts. Now if this person wants to remain "Anonymous" that's fine with me. He has been very complimentary of my posts and I do thank him for the kind words.
I looked at the comments section of the Blogger dashboard and for the first time I checked the spam section and found 23 comments from this person starting on Oct. 1, 2012. Once again they were all very complimentary but they all featured a link to this persons web site or should I say sites. These sites seem to feature various products and subjects including reviews of electronic cigarettes and something called New York Call Girls. Truthfully I am not interested in anything he is selling. He complimented my blog for it's look and content asking me where I got the layouts and color schemes. I am a complete computer/cyber world dummy. Aside from pictures that I have taken or video's I have made, including the new header photo, and the words in the blog,  everything on my page, except for the colorful fish, originates from Blogger. He is still welcome to visit and leave comments if he so desires and if he had a blog here on blogger I would visit it and comment. This is not meant as attack at all. As I said previously all the comments have been quite nice and as far as pushing his own web sites I suppose it's ok. If any of you wish to visit them be my guest. They seem to be money making ventures. My page is a simple exercise in having a bit of fun by throwing some words together sometimes sprinkled with photo's and video's. I have no experience as a writer. This is it. It started with Spaces and continues here. I want to thank those of you who visit on a regular basis. You are a small but loyal group who I consider friends. Good solid people that have always been nice to me. I hope I never disappoint or upset any of you.

Well it's time for me to get off my derriere. I think I will go out and run an errand, maybe take a picture or two. First I have to clean up the mess I have created while trying to neaten things up. But before I go here's something I hope gives you a laugh.
I'm outta here.


      
    

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry you got more snow. We are supposed to have some coming although it doesn't happen.

    You have a spam comment on your blog right now. I have been getting them too. I delete them without clicking on anything.

    Take care!! Spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I hope the snow doesn't happen here. I am sick of winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have had enough of snow this year. I don't know why it seems like winter is worse that in some other years, but it does. Come on Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh (video).
    I am growing HERBS to answer your question. ;-)
    Snow tomorrow here bouts. I don't like going out either when I'm windy.

    ReplyDelete