Sunday, September 23, 2018

Our favorite local restaurant Raso's

Ok lets try this again. I tried to post this last night at about 12:30 and promptly deleted it. There is a local show called Phantom Gourmet where the host goes to various Boston area restaurants. I wouldn't call it a review program because I've never heard the host say anything negative.

Raso's is owned by either a retired or still active local police officer. We learned about this place through Arlene's daughter who has worked for the local government and now teaches in the school system. We've been fans since our first visit. The owner Richie always goes out of his way to say hi when he's there and the staff is very friendly always saying hello. Then there's the food. This is not just a spaghetti and meatballs, pizza, kind of place, though you can certainly have those if you want. There's a wide array of pasta dishes. One of my favorites is linguini in clam sauce and the steaks are every bit as good as they look in the video.   



















So I will see if Arlene would like to go there today but we have to hit it fairly early because of the Patriot's game tonight. If they win I suppose the place will be jumping. Now it's time to see what's going on in the blogger world and I am outta here.

5 comments:

  1. They'd throw me out. Not because of anything other than I detest my food sauced up. I prefer it to be naked with some "whatever" own the side. (which would be ignored). So once I had gone and acknowledged to myself what a great taste the meal had that I wiped of sauces, I'd leave all the fancies and sauces to the gourmets out there and go home to my plainly cooked food. I am a very extremely boring cook. I know it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take one of each! The richer the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my just my kind of food love sauce over meals such as these.
    Oh Enjoy lucky the two of you, that is what I call a Pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston Boy, OMG...it all looks so good. I would love to eat there. I have been saying I need a tasty meal soon. I went to the Elk's club on Saturday and the food was costly and so bad. They had mashed potatoes that if one tablespoon of milk had been added it would have been soup, I swear. Hope you and Arlene had the best time. Good for you two to get out and enjoy life. Blessings to you both. xoxo, Susie
    p.s. Sorry I am late commenting. Something has happened that is taking my thoughts away from my everyday life. I'll post of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....
    that's a lot of food.
    it all lots divine.
    glad to read it was as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete