Friday, April 28, 2017

So where was I...

... oh yeah Arlene's daughters went to visit their father in Palmyra Penn. It was not an uneventful trip. I haven't flown since 2006 and I had a stop somewhere in Texas. The flight back to Boston was similar one stop at a place more or less on the way. Who remembers? Pennsylvania is not all that far from Massachusetts but they did not have a direct flight. They went to Detroit first then to Pennsylvania. The weather was not the best, particularly on the return trip. It was the same scenario, Pennsylvania to Detroit, then Boston. Well the weather was sketchy in Detroit. There was the possibility that they may have to stay in Detroit for a time, possibly until the next morning. They became frantic.
"Are we going to have to sleep in the airport?!"
"Are there hotels in the airport?!".


Now I should point out Arlene's daughter are twins and they are in their mid thirties. Long story short, they waited a bit and made it home safely.

Sometimes I am unaware of what goes on around me. Last Sunday night Arlene and I were watching 60 Minutes. The were doing a piece on Michael Bloomberg the former mayor of New York City, who by the way is worth 47 billion dollars, (Yikes!) when Arlene informs me that he grew up around here in our very hometown. I was unaware of that. Then she tells me that his mother still lived here until she passed in 2012 at 102. Below is an article from the New York Times. You don't have to read it but is what I found on Google.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/20/nyregion/charlotte-r-bloomberg-mayors-mother-dies-at-102.html

Couple that with finding out Fannie Farmer lived at the end of my street sometimes I wonder how these things got by me. 


Here's a picture of the house that Emilia Earhart lived in with her sister. She went to the same high school that I did.


Then a couple of days ago the Mayor of Salem Massachusetts snapped this picture of a streetlamp with this ghostly image.


And to finish up this disjointed mess I am happy to announce that Arlene and I will be heading back to Martha's Vineyard in June. We can't wait but of course we'll have to. So to finish up it's time to get off the couch and do some laundry and food shopping. The servants are never around when you need them and when is Donald Duck going to put some pants on?
I'm outta here.

5 comments:

  1. Did the Mayor hazard a guess what that reflection was? Him? (he'd have to have been on stilts I guess...is that too far fetched)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, You crack me up...you gotta get out more. LOL Don't feel badly. I live out of town about 5 miles. I go into town often. I see a fellow painting a mural on the side of our theater. I stop to get a photo and start talking with this talented man. OMG..our little theater got a grant from the National Endowment of the Arts...for some restorations. Talk about feeling in the dark. I love all your interesting history. See you can't move from there. ...Unless you and Arlene buy a place at the Vineyard and maybe do a BnB. :):) Hug Arlene for me. Blessings to you. We are getting rain, rain, rain.... xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY that is one scary image.. as for traveling..anything goes now days.. they better be glad there was not an INCIDENT on the flight. Guess Bloomberg would have made a better RICH president eh? LOL Have fun exploring your neighborhood. heehhe

    ReplyDelete
  4. One never knows what one will find when one really looks. Glad to hear you will make it to the happy place this year. That IS good news! Peach Cobbler tomorrow. I froze some peach quarters last year. Come on over - bring Arlene, the coffee is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings.....
    thank you for the laughter. It does a bod good.

    ReplyDelete