Monday, December 1, 2014

Just a ramble

Before I start on a possible rant though at this point I'm not sure what I am exactly going to write. As I go through all my pictures I find little odds and ends like this shot from the parking lot where I work. It was taken a few years ago around this time of year. I was a fulltime employee at the time. Of course we are not called employees anymore. We are associates. I don't like it. It's all part of the soft, less offensive language that has emerged in the last 20 or so years. Sort of like "rest rooms". We all know were not resting in there. Put a few sofa's in there and I'll show you some resting. But I digress. So I found this shot from the parking lot of the Mt. Auburn Cemetery across the street. It took me 7 years to actually go in there. As I have said numerous times it's simply stunning in there especially in the Fall.


Though I do like the Christmas season there are things about it that drive my nuts. One thing is at my place of employment. As with every other retailer, the minute Thanksgiving is done the Christmas music starts. It's not that bad now because at most I'm only there 20 hours a week. Still the music repeats every 3 hours and if you're there for 40 hours, 5 days a week for 4 weeks, it can get annoying.

Ok the picture parade continues. This slideshow is of pictures from Cape Cod featuring Chatham pronounced "chatum". Don't ask me why. Then there is the very tip of Cape Cod, Provincetown. This is actually where the Pilgrims landed first not Plymouth. They spent about five weeks there while scouting out alternative sites because of the harsh winter and after scouting the bay they decided to settle in what they eventually called Plymouth after the place they left in England. Few if any people believe they actually landed on "Plymouth Rock". I do have a picture of the rock but it's just a rock with 1620 carved on it.
 
 That's it for now. I'm tired and sleepy. Good night or good morning or good afternoon.

I'm outta here.

6 comments:

  1. Blessings my friend, i do so love that shot in the parking lot with the array of colorful tree. Nature is a beaut.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the constant Christmas music. I get annoyed hearin all I wan for Christmas is a rineouserous.
    7 years not bad it usually takes a lifetime to go to the cemetery. My bad. Loved your video. Such a beautiful area. I put a PBS video (s) on my blog of WI. Hope you watch them all. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of Christmas is evident around here and, personally, I wish it weren't so very commercial. Some is even mob mentality in my opinion. Sorry but my negativity comes out when the reason for the season is missed! Silly Christmas music offends me. There! A Wednesday rant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live 25 miles from Plymouth in England of course, not everyone's cup of tea though.
    Your story sounds more interesting . Such a beautiful area , the colors of fall are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boston Boy, Today my sisters and I were in a store playing some kind of rap crap....we would have loved a Christmas tune. LOL. I had to run to town today and ran into them at the store. But I came home and finished decorating. It was sunny and pretty here today. I swear I don't know how you could stand to go to work with being that close to the shore. I think being called associates is like being called a store clerk. I loved your pictures. You sure can see some awesome places there. I hope you are doing well. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, I am so sorry I missed your birthday! I did think of you. It was my wedding anniversary too as I have mentioned many times. I am glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving. Isn't family wonderful? Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete