Tuesday, May 15, 2018

I was bored

Yup I was bored. I looked at my Chinatown pictures and for the most part I was pleased with them. One thing that I noticed was how clean the sidewalks were. At least when compared to how I remember the sidewalks were when I was a kid. Now by clean I mean no litter on the sidewalks or in the gutters, not clean like you could lick it with your tongue. When I was young Boston looked old and rundown. There was a litter problem. Beginning in the 1960's the city began a rebirth that continues to this very day. I don't know how or where they find the space to put another high-rise up. There are more or less twelve projects going on at the moment. Most have  buildings with office space, retail outlets, apartments and condos are 500 to 700 feet tall. Who's going to live here? What would it cost to live in a 500 foot tower? 

Still I suppose all of this development is a good sign. It's a busy place. You've got these tall modern glass towers next to a building that could have been built in the 18th century.   
 
 Here are two pictures I didn't post before. Why? I don't know.
 
 
 



As I said I was bored so I made a slideshow with the pictures. Now apart from that all I have to report was some nasty weather after a beautiful start to the day on Tuesday. By four in the afternoon there was thunder and lightning, wind and hailstones in some places. It was over by nine o'clock.

Here's the slideshow.   



I'm outta here.

4 comments:

  1. I really loved watching your slide show on my old big screen computer via YouTube. Wonderful images and so clean and sharp. You could frame and sell some of these - they are that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Boy, Great job on the slide show...I would not have a clue as how to do that. I just keep thinking about how many people you said were in a square mile there. Crazy!! It's been plenty warm here. Like summertime warm(hot). Hope you and Arlene can sit out and enjoy a glass of wine of an evening. Are you totally into your retirement now? There are many times when I wish I still worked...or at least felt like working. LOL. I miss the people . Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings.......
    great photos.....
    bored huh, too much time on your hands?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Paul.
    Best Wishes
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete