Sunday, June 28, 2015

Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

As I begin to write this it is a dreary, rainy, cool day around here. I suppose the highlight of the passed week was another procedure in my dental implant situation. This has been going on since Oct. 31, 2014. I was told it would take 4 to 6 months for the complete procedure. At this point it looks like it will finish up in September for various annoying and boring reasons. Everything is going along fine. On Friday I had some pins put in. I have stitches in my mouth and there really wasn't much pain. I went directly from the oral surgeon to the pharmacy. I was still bleeding a bit so I must have looked like I  just came lunch at Dracula's. "More type O?"

The 4th of July always has a way of sneaking up on me. Aside from maybe going next door to Arlene's or another friends house I really don't do much. I might even have to work and I really don't care. The big celebration around here is not that far away, about 5 miles. That's where the Boston Pops play and they have a big fireworks display. I have no intentions of going. Just you and several hundred thousand of your closest friends. There are several spots we can see the display from very close by. Who knows depending on the weather, always a big if, maybe we will go down there. It's less than a mile. Of course with a large gathering there are always concerns about safety and we're hearing a lot on the news about, "If you see something, say something." Hundreds of thousands of people in one spot could be tempting to some lunatic.

Celebrations like these are going on all over the country. Large crowds can be a target of some sort of attack. I did go to one of 4th Pop concerts back in 1976. Even then there was a huge crowd and we weren't very close to the hatch shell.
Here are two pictures from the internet.


On Monday morning I bring my car in for some service. My car is from 2008 and I have to say it has been dead reliable. Apart from some really crappy chromed wheels, which were peeling and had to be replaced I have not had one major problem with this car. I had more problems with the dealership. But now there is a water leak. The sun roof is suspected. I'll have the brakes looked at as well as they are the original factory brakes. Why should I tempt fate? It seems that I will have to get a rental though. Arghh!!!

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'm outta here.

6 comments:

  1. Blessings...
    wow since october 2014! ouch! Tell me, what does the implants feel like? What were some of your challenges in the beginning? How are you now since your very first implants? Asking because my mother is considering and she ask me but I don't really know except to say , "i will support any decisions you make."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never was crazy about all that BANG! and other crowded activities on the 4th. We'll probably just grill dogs and burgers. Country fireworks over the hill will show up on our view across the lake. OK. Just enough to know what day it is. Flags out all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Boy, I am going to be with all my siblings and our children on the 4th. It's our family reunion. Those that can be there. I hope you stay safe this fourth. I do not think of going any place with so many people around....crazy lunatics in our world today. One year I watched fireworks on TV, by myself. It was the Boston Pops. Hope you can get your car fixed right and quick. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I passed my emissions test. It wasn't hard. Multiple choice. So your still having teeth installed. Bloody hell you must have looked awful. Better than the plaster face? I hope it's over soon for you. I am enjoying life SO I will be going to the festival and the fireworks on the 11th. No it's not the 4th. But celebrating the 4th on the 11th which way more people will come. I will eat drink and be merry. Friday night I am usher for the live Jazz show....see ya there! Toodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, hang in there always and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul teeth I hate dentist's who does, hope you get that sorted out quickly.
    Love the photo's , and yes know what you mean about the attacks , it's getting to be very scary.
    Been and still am having trouble with my internet speed, running at 1.5mb at the moment. I just try and get on here when I can. I will have to catch up with your and Arlene's Vacation. Take Care .

    ReplyDelete