Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm back. Written on Sept. 18 and 19 .

I'm back here on Blogger and I'm back on Martha's Vineyard as I write this. I had some computer problems which explains my absence from Blogger and I am back on the island which explains my absence from work. When I mentioned to people that I was going back to the island for the seventh time in three years they all said, "Again? Why? You've  ready been there six times!"
Why? I am not sure I can answer that completely. There are people here from all the New England states, plus New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. This is understandable because these states are all relatively close and you can get here within hours or a day by car (and ferry) but then you see plates from California , Utah, Wisconson, Minnessota, Nevada, Florida. Why?
Walking the beach last night.
I can't explain the charm of this place. Coming here early in the season or late in the season eliminates about 50,000 people. That's one reasaon, it's quiet easy to get around and many places are still open or open early for people like us and the others who are here when the crowds aren't. The weather is and will be picture book perfect for us straight through until next Saturday when we leave. We haven't been many places this time because we've been to most of them already. We have been content to sit on the porch reading or walking around down town and of course eating. We may take in a sunset before we leave because it was so spectacular the last time we went. I did get up for sunrise this morning. The pictures look pretty much like the ones I took before but it's still an awesome sight to watch the sun crack the horizon line of the ocean.
  This small computer I am using just isn't as capable as my laptop
so I can't post any more pictures right now and my little movies will have to wait until I get home on Saturday or Sunday.

I haven't been around for a variey of reasons, an oddball work schdule. Sometimes starting at 6 a.m. and sometimes at 12:30 pm and one overnight stint. Another reason was a finnicky computer which I think is back up to snuff now. So all I can say at the moment is that I should be back on a regular basis by Sunday, after the Patriots game of course. I am having a wonderful time and will be back to the awful reality that is my job. I know I know I'm lucky to have a job and that's true, but I have ben doing this job for 42 years, my company is in trouble and it has been tough sledding for the last 3 years so I my retire next year. I think I've had enough. 
 
Well I've got to go. There's a lot of important nothing I have to do.
see you Sunday.

I'm outta here. 

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Paul! You and Arlene have a wonderful time!! I will be looking forward to the videos when you get home again!

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just happy to see you and Arlene are out there and OK. Go and do your important nothings and have a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures. Why the people from so many places. I would think just the history of the area alone would bring people in. I know it would me if I had the funds to travel. Enoy the time you have left there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures so glad you are both having a Lovely time , enjoy .
    Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete